200islesIdeally, you will already have a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject such as Geography, GIS, Urban Planning, Architecture, Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Economics or a field related to the Built Environment though other subjects will be considered especially if you can demonstrate a keen interest in your personal statement to convince us you should be given a place. You’ll need to have obtained at least a lower second class honours degree.

If you do not have a Bachelor’s degree, we can still consider you if you have a professional qualification and at least three years relevant experience, so don’t be put off applying if you fall into this category because the greater the mix of students we have on each course, the more interesting seminars and discussions are going to be.

If you aren’t from the UK, we can accept overseas qualifications of an equivalent standard, but you must also meet UCL’s language requirements.

For the RPTI Accredited route applicants will need to already have an RTPI approved planning degree as the first 3 years of an accredited 3+1 programme.